M.F.W

my MFW could easily stand for Milan Fashion Week but it doesn't, in this case the moniker stands for Marni For (silent The) Win!!
I'm sure you'll agree with me when I say that Milan is the place where Gentlewomen are most successful at maintaining their sexy, there's a classy, sexy, money energy milling in the air over there that I need to get involved in ASAP, which brings me round to my point very nicely. 
I remember reading issue after issue of TeenVogue and being enamoured with everything but missing the point completely when it came to Marni, all i saw were modest shifts and varying shades of khaki, fast-forward seven or eight years and I'm seriously beginning to appreciate exactly what Marni is about.. GENTLEWOMANLINESS!
What Amy Astley was doing when she was including all those Marni pieces in what seemed to be every issue of TeenVogue was slowly marinading me (yes me and only me), in gentlewoman spices in preparation of my inevitable realisation that Marni is the ultimate ladies-who-lunch-but-still-do-other-really-important-stuff label.
Aside from the obvious houses that showed straaaawng collections last week cough cough 'Gucci', I have to admit that Marni stole the entire week for me. The hemlines, the cuts, the prints, the furs, the gloves, the Mary Janes... SUBLIME
..I'll take one of everything thanks Consuelo..
anywhoo I'm looking a little like so at the moment,
it's not cold enough to justify a full fur, but not quite warm enough for me to traipse around in a biker jacket with out fear of getting frostbitten, so my compromise is a fur gillet over a biker jacket.
x

No comments: