DIY: Knotted Cut-Out Dress

I didn't take any good pictures whilst doing this D.I.Y but I think it's pretty self-explanatory.
all you need is a maxi dress you loathe and an hour of free time.
-put the dress on and mark a point about 1.5" below your boobs
-unpick the side seams to the point you marked
-out the dress on again and tie a big knot first in the front, then another in the back
-take dress off, pin the seams back together and run them through the machine on a zigzag stitch 

I DIY'd this ages ago but kind of forgot until a week ago when I realised Summer's officially over for us (as if it ever began) so I wore it last week when we had a little bitty sunshine. 

x

14 comments:

Esmee D said...

nice DIY :D i like the tie-dye pattern on the dress!

Unknown said...

That's an awesome DIY!!! Love it!

eusouamo said...

yes, great diy! hopefully I can do it just as well.

Anonymous said...

Awesome DIY. You're absolutely stunning. I like the dress B4 and after.

Unknown said...

love the DIY. looks great on you!

Erika said...

Aw! This looks so nice!

Fashion Means Everything said...

Ohhh I want the same dress, I want you to teach me to do
whoo you are wonderful

Superblondeep said...

wow!!!!! you lokk AMAZING with this dress!!!!! is very cool :) xoxoxo

PKelly's Site said...

love the dress great diy!!

http://imjustmefashionblog.blogspot.com :)

Valencia said...

I love this dress. You are so beautiful!!!!

CC said...

you are so beautiful tho...kinda makes me angry ha ha

Nicole said...

Very cute DIY and it looks fab on you!

Unknown said...

you transformed the dress :o amazing lol I would never have thought to do a DIY version

Christina said...

Love the nail color!!! What brand/color are you wearing?